Skill Nurturing program(SNP)
MITRA FOUNDATION is organizing FREE Skill Nurturing Training Program every year.
- The camp will be conducted in 2 centres, 15 days each during the month of April and May every year.
- More than 150-200 rural children are benefited by this camp every year in both the villages.
- Total Participants: 200 Rural students
- Age limit: 6 to 16 years
- Timings: 10 am to 3 pm
- Number of Days: Totally 15 days of Camp
- Category: Village children only
The activities during the camp are,
- Life values with practical experience
- Art & Craft classes
- Story, Drama, street play & songs
- Dance & creative writing & cultural activities
- Agriculture & natural living
- Yoga & Meditation
- Educational Movie show
- Trekking/ watching nature
- Science experience/experiment
- Life skills & ways of learning
- Indoor & Outdoor games
- Health camp – Body & Mind wellness
- Knitting, embroidery & other activities
School Kits/Educational Accessories Distribution Program (SKD/EAD)
Every year 300 school kits, other needs such as uniforms, tie, ID cards, belts etc., are distributed to government schools nearly 10 govt. schools every year.
Holistic Development Program(HDP)
Providing Computer classes, Spoken English Classes, Library facility, Tailoring classes, Art & Craft classes, Conducting games, Yoga/Meditation, spirituality- the way of living comes under this program. These programs will be conducted in both the centres.
Child Rights Program
Creating awareness about child rights, Civics, Democracy, Roles & Responsibilities of the citizen. This program is for 8th std students in government schools in association with CMCA
Mitra Scholarship Program (MSP)
Mitra Foundation is providing Scholarship for underprivileged rural students who are in PU & Degree courses. Most of them are in Government Colleges where the fee is very nominal. But due to family background & poverty, unable to pay their fees. Mitra Foundation is supporting such needy students for the last 6 years. At present we have 100 scholarship students for the year 2019-20.
Soumithra Mental Health Program(SMH)
SMH is introduced in the year 2019-2020. Funded by Inner wheel Club-IT Corridor, Bangalore. This program is conducted in Government and aided schools and colleges. To help, understand & also to create awareness about adolescent Mental Health issues.
Vathsalya Parenting Program(VPP)
VPP is a new program of Mitra Foundation which we adopted from Saranga Trust. This program is to create awareness/understand/ support the parents to provide the basic needs of each and every child from conception level to 18 years. Also to understand the holistic development of the child.
Mitra Life skill Program (MLS)
Life skills program for KHPT Health/Field worker for the year 2018-2019. Funded by Karnataka Health Promotion Trust
Mitra Share to Care Program- Donation for Dignity
Supporting other NGO’s who are working for social causes. Helping through volunteering services and donation.